Date and time:
Sunday, 19 November 2017 - 12:00pm to 4:00pm
- Join the Salford knitting group - Any Yarn Goes in the kitchen and take part in a knit and natter and buy some of their wonderful knitted creations (all money raised through the sale of items made by Any Yarn Goes will be donated to charity).
- Meet some of the talented textile artists from the Textile 21 collective whose work is currently on display at the Hall and see them demonstrating a variety of techniques.
- Find out about embroidery with members of the Embroiderers’ Guild.
- See some of the wonderful dyes made from plants.
- Have a go at our knitting machine.
- Do some fabric printing using leaves.
- Meet ‘Nana Knitwit’ and her massive knitting needles.
- Make a pom-pom and see our Tudor knitter making some fabulous Tudor stockings!
- We will also have a craft ‘trash or treasure’ table with all proceeds going to the upkeep of the Hall.
Free event but charges may apply for some activities.
Norma Hopkins and Terri Jones from Textile 21 will be demonstrating such skills as applying colour onto cloth and working on dissolvable fabric. Details of which can be found on Ordsall Hall's website and at www.textile21.co.uk.
These demonstrations will give you a taster into workshops later this month called Boxes of Delight and Colour onto Cloth which will be held next year.
A Box of Delight by Terri Jones
Examples of Colour onto Cloth which will be the subject of a workshop in 2018.